Re: [IP] Re: blood donation-Barbara B. and Sue K.

Yes, it eventually split into two subjects:
            One was that giving someone an overdose of insulin could hurt
them.
            And two: would insulin in a donor's blood hurt the recipient,
and therefore preclude a type 1 from giving blood.

Barbara said that insulin in a donor's blood would not hurt a recipient
because it would be dealt with right away, (which I disagreed with). If
it's a small amount then probably... Then someone else pointed out that the
blood would be purified before being given to a recipient, so the insulin
remaining might be very small. .

I know people who take hundreds of units a day. Can the blood cleaning
process remove all insulin?

Sue