[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #438

In a message dated 9/12/01 9:35:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> [IP] diabetic baby not developed???

I have carried 2 babies both pre-pump. My first was born a 35 weeks because I
had toxemia. My kidneys were about to shut down. He had pneumonia, and had to
stay in Neonatal ICU for 12 days. My second was born at 38 weeks via
c-section because she was not positioned right and she weighed 10 pounds and
10 ounces. She was perfectly healthy, and she had a great set of lungs I
think she screamed for an hour after delivery because she was so mad that
they were messing with her. She did have low blood sugar, but I think that's
normal for a diabetic's baby. However that's not a big deal all they did was
feed her.