[IP] Re: Diabetic's baby not fully developed

Hey Mel
My little boy was born May 8 and I was due May 30.  The doctors also told me that
even though they thought the baby was very large, they wanted to hold off as long
as possible. When I started developing signs of toxemia, they were still waiting
day by day to see if they had to schedule a c-section.  Eventually on the 8th my
water broke and it wasn't a matter for debate anymore. I did have the c-section
because they had been telling me they thought he was 9 or 10 pounds (he only
weighed 7lbs 10 oz).  He did just fine though, no need for any special measures.
His APGAR's were 8 at birth and 9 five minutes later.
Don't worry too much.  Just do your best with your levels and you will be fine.
This list really helped me because I heard from people who had babies before blood
testing was even available and did fine.
I had more trouble with my levels right after the baby than during the pregnancy.
Best of luck!

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green KY
Whose little monster weighed 16lb 10oz and was 241/2 inches at his 4month check
-up Monday. And I swear I don't feed him lard or chocolate cookies.