Re: [IP] blood donations

On 13 Sep 2001, at 1:20, email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 9/12/01 8:30:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > yes, that' right! As a matter of fact I think it is a felony for an
> > insulin dependent diabetic to donate blood.

> A felony?  Are you serious?

NO!!  It is Not Spot who wrote this, he cited email @ redacted
Spot wrote:
<<< I have personally donated at the NY Blood Center, right across
from Memorial Sloan-Kettering cancer center on 66th street. I used
to work there and we were always short of blood. You cannot give
apheresis blood with a pump but if your diabetes is under good
control they welcome you there. for a regular donation. blood os
always short at this time of the year and around christmas. I have a
donor card and have not been arrested yet. spot  >>>

I don't think they just make legal exceptions for doctors, otherwise
I need to turn myself in to the Police tonight.