Re: [IP] No More Carry-On Luggage!

> At 08:28 PM 9/12/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >I just heard on the world news that new guidelines have been imposed for
> >airlines, one of them being that no carry-on luggage will be allowed!  I
> >that hard to believe, especially for those of us with medical
> I find it hard to believe as well.
> I just checked the www.faa.gov web site and Secretary of Transportation
> Norman Y. Mineta's latest statement and listing of requirements and have
> not been able to find this one.
> Has anyone seen good documentation on this particular restriction?

I also have not been able to confirm no carry-on luggage.  I can not find
any report on the web of this nor any t.v. station that is reporting it.
One FAA person on tv was stating that they have set new minimum guidelines
for the airports.  Before they re-open they must meet those minimum
requirements.  They were also welcome and encouraged to set their own
guidelines beyond those minimum guidelines.