Re: [IP] No More Carry-On Luggage!

In a message dated 9/12/01 7:33:29 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I just heard on the world news that new guidelines have been imposed for
 airlines, one of them being that no carry-on luggage will be allowed!  I
 that hard to believe, especially for those of us with medical necessities! >>

I don't think that medically necessary items will be disallowed. I think that
we may have to be diligent in getting a doctor's note to carry with us in the
future. I think there is a possibility of having to hand over our "stuff" to
a flight attendent to be stored elsewhere on the plane. But I don't think
we'll be forced to put necessary medical items in the hold with our luggage.

As for me, I flew to Europe for three weeks earlier this year and carried all
of my meds, insulin, strips and pump supplies -- in my purse. Granted, a very
large purse, but a purse just the same. Had room for my wallet, checkbook,
snacks and  a trashy novel or two, also. <g>

Jan and Elvis