[IP] blood donations

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:12:54 -0700 Sue Kinzelman <email @ redacted>

yes, that' right! As a matter of fact I think it is a felony for an insulin
dependent diabetic to donate blood.

catherine popper wrote:

> >   This is one of those days that I'm not complaining
> >   about my diabetes.
> >   Catherine
> >
> So I lied about the not complaining thing - they won't
> let insulin-dependant diabetics donate blood. I forgot
> about that.  Please, no matter where you live, muscle
> your friends into giving blood!
> Catherine

I have personally donated at the NY Blood Center, right across from Memorial
Sloan-Kettering cancer center on 66th street. I used to work there and we were
always short of blood. You cannot give apheresis blood with a pump but if your
diabetes is under good control they welcome you there. for a regular donation.
blood os always short at this time of the year and around christmas. I have a
donor card and have not been arrested yet. spot I was not pumping at that time
but have given since I have been pumping.