Re: [IP] diabetic baby not developed???

I have also been told the opposite.  My Endo told me that at about 36 weeks
gestation, that an amniocentesis would be done to determine if the baby's
lungs were fully developed.  If they were, then labor would be induced first,
then a cesaerian section if needed.

When I questioned him as to the reasoning, he stated that babies of DM women
tend to have lower mortality rates when born a few weeks earlier (or when the
lungs are finally fully developed,) than babies born to DM women who do not
deliver until full term (40 weeks.)

Roxanne Villanueva  RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Certified Minimed Insulin Pump Trainer
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18+ years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
(First with Disetronic, now with MM 508 and much happier!)
e-mail: email @ redacted

'Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting for them to happen.' - - -
Mary Tyler Moore