From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Melissa Howell
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 2:57 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] diabetic baby not developed???

At my Ob/Gyn appointment last week my doctor told me something that kind of
startled me.  She said that babies of diabetic women do not develop as fast
in the womb as babies of non-diabetic women.  She said that most babies at
38 weeks gestational are developed enough to be delivered but those of
diabetic women are probably not developed as much and should wait until the
full term of 40 weeks to be delivered.  Has anyone heard of this?  I have
done extensive research on diabetic pregnancies and I have never heard this
before.
Thanks for any advice and input!

Mel...31 weeks pregnant and counting down :)