Re: [IP] diabetic baby not developed???

Hey Mel...

     I have never heard of making a diabetic carry to full term, I have
actually heard the opposite.  If you carry to full term the complications
are a lot greater because of the size of the baby.  Both of my boys were
taken at 37 weeks...both were healthy and fully developed.  My son who just
turned 2 months i had to have a amnio at 36 weeks...it came back negative
which means that the lungs weren't fully developed..the catch to that amnio
test was that it is possible to get a false negative, which is excatly what
i got while in the hospital..the released me and called the next day to tell
me the hosp in Dallas had looked at the specimen and it was definately
positive.  I delivered a healthy baby boy 6 lbs 9 ozs.  My other son was
born at 37 weeks due to a wreck i had...he was 7 lbs. 10 ozs. also helathy
and going strong now at the age of 3!  good luck to you and i guess you can
just pray you will be lucky and go into labor 2 weeks earlier than your due
date :)