RE: [IP] herbs, vitamins, and supplements (oh my!)

Richard Haynes [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I was advised not to take aspirin because it thins blood so
> take Advil,

That's the whole point - to make platelets less sticky.  I take 82mg of
enteric coated aspirin a day.  The purpose is for prophylaxis against heart
disease, not pain management.

Advil (and all NSAIDs) is fine on occasion, but it will counter the effects
of ACE inhibitors that many of us take for prophylaxis against kidney

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR