[IP] live from new york

I'm here in lower Manhattan; can still see smoke from my roof....  but I'm
posting this to let anyone here know that the Red Cross in NYC will in fact
take blood from insulin-dependent diabetics as of this year (they took mine
in July) but right now they are absolutely swamped with people trying to
donate and they only want Type O. The horrific part is that they may well
not need the blood. Hope my fellow New Yorkers are in one piece -- Mary