Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:15:22 -0400
From: "Barbara Bradley" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re; blood donation

>So you are saying that if I gave my husband who is
completely healthy, 20
units of humalog, it wouldn't affect him at all??<

I seriously doubt it.  Once the insulin is in your blood
stream, it takes eight minutes for it to pass through your
liver and to be split apart, dumped back into your blood
stream and filtered out by the kidneys and excreted.

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE