Re: [IP] Re: venting

Granted I'm five days behind in responding to email, but here is my 2cents.

I let our daughter (nearly 13) disconnect on beach and water park days. We take a humalog pen and she boluses with the pen for any food she eats. The extra exercise seems to make up to the loss of basal. She reconnects as soon as we get dressed and head for home. If she is a little high, we can do a correction bolus on the way home.

I want her to feel as normal as possible. Wearing her site with her two-piece suit is not acceptable to her. I can understand that. Try it. You might both be happier.

Kay