[IPn] SPAM from Sugar Trac

If you have received spam from these turkeys, I'd like to know. Here
is my reply to them.

email @ redacted

>  >From: email @ redacted
>  >To: Sam <email @ redacted>
>  >CC:
>  >Subject: RE: SugarTrac
>  >Date: 10 Sep 2001 19:00:57 -0800
>  >
>  >
>  >> I am an administrator for a very large email listserv dedicated
>  >> to people who are interested in insulin pumping. We have
>  >> recently started getting complaints from a large number of
>  >> members that they have gotten a message similar to the one below
>  >> from you. Some members have never used their
> email
>  >> address for anything other than our list. We are wondering how
>  >> you
> obtained
>  >> the email addresses of our members. Our membership list is
>  >> closed and use of any information for commercial purposes if
>  >> strictly prohibited.
>  >
>  >Sam,
>  >I'm sorry if I've broken rules. Gee..I was cruising the net
>  >looking for more diabetic folks and make them aware of SugarTrac,
>  >and came across a page ... Insulin Pumpers (Insulin Pumpers
>  >Physician Referral). I found a long list of doctors and comments
>  >made by folks who are obviously people with diabetes (judging from
>  >their comments). Also included were their email addresses. After
>  >reading what some of these people had to say, I emailed them.
>  >
>  >I thought I was doing them a good turn. I'm truly sorry to have
>  >offended them or you. I haven't kept any of the names, just a one
>  >time mailing to let them know that something good is on the
>  >horizon. I believe in this company and am donating a lot of my
>  >time to inform as many folks as possible that a pain-free monitor
>  >will soon be available.
>  >
>  >I hope that you can see from my message to your people that I only
>  >wish for them to see what SugarTrac is all about. I'm so sorry to
>  >have bothered these folks. How can I make amends to you.
>  >
>  >Larry
>  >>

Well Larry, it would be pretty tough for you to make amends seeing as
every one of the messages you mined from our web pages is clearly
marked NO-SPAM and our mail page states that we do not tolerate spam.
I have notified the entire membership of the activities of your
organization and that I personally would not make a purchase from
Sugar Trac. So take your shoddy merchandise and business practices and
BUZZcomm off.

Michael Robinton
Executive Director
Insulin Pumpers.