Re: [IP] Children of type 1 diabetics

I seem to remember some data from Joslin (http://www.joslin.org/)
which said that it is hereditary in the sense that, if a woman had gestational
diabetes, than the chances are high that the child will eventually get type 1
diabetes, and that
the mother would be likely to get type 2 diabetes when she got older. This is the
case in my family.
My mom was gestational, I was almost 12  pounds when I was born, I then got type
1, and she got
type 2. maybe the joslin web site will have some info about it.

Sue K.