Re: [IP] Children of type 1 diabetics

>From my understanding, there is still no evidence that Type 1 is hereditary.
I was diagnosed 17 years ago at age 12, and since then I have been
researching family history to determine who actually had T1 in the family.
I have been successful in tracing (on both sides of the family) all the way
back to the early 1800's and there is no information on anyone that had T1.
I know that there were probably no diangosis of Diabetes back then, but
coming from a medical family (doctors for 5 generations) I would suspect
that if there were any people that had Type 1, it would be documented.

My 3 cents worth.

Andy Johnson

"God made the idiot for practice -- then he made the School Board" --Mark