RE: [IP] Use of Statistical Analytical Methods-Are They Useful?

Richard Haynes [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> When I told them what we do to stay alive with the diabetes.
> They were amazed
> and could not understand why we, Diabetes, could live how we do, all
> uncertainty. I ask them to come up with a model that we could
> live with ....I
> am still waiting and still their friend.

I'm not sure what kind of model you want.  There is one available online -
AIDA (http://www.2aida.org/) that may be useful.

But don't expect any model to be a "magic bullet" to make everything
perfect.  Human beings (as are all biological systems) are much to
complicated to fit into a model that is, by itself, comprehensible.  The
late great statistician, John Tukey (he died about six months ago) one
wrote, "There is no such thing as a good model.  Some are useful."

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR