When I was a Girl Scout leader, it was required to be certified in first aid
as well as cpr and we had to get recertified every two years.

I still know how to do CPR but haven't taken any classes in years...I just
don't have the strength in my hands any longer to do the cpr and I would
never attempt it unless it was w/my husband or someone close in my home and
I would call 911 before I even started so I would know someone is on the way
and pray that I could hold out that long to keep it up.

Our fire/ambulance is a heartbeat (truly only about 2 blocks away) from us!

But I agree, especially for those who have children, to know how to
administer it, especially for those that have swimming pools...

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00