Re: [IP] Used MM pump

>> I have a minimed 507c that I am not using (i got a 508 upgrade)- for a
> $500
>> fee minimed will refurbish it and transfer the warranty (I think there is
>> about 2 years left on the 4 year warranty, and the motor is a lifetime
>> warranty) for anyone who has a prescription.
> I *could* be wrong, but I thought it was a $50 fee to refurbish and transfer
> the warranty. Also, I don't believe Jenny Sutherland, Darren Parker, and
> Jennifer (Ellerbecker) had Rx's to get their pumps. (~_^)
> Jan (62 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)
Mainly yes. I had a letter of medical necessity and got an Rx for the pump
SUPPLIES. When I bought the actual pump, I sent the seller a copy of the
LoMN, and also a disclaimer that would release her of any responsibility. I
then sent the LOMN and RX to Disetronic who took care of a TI and warranty
extension for me to take over.

I still had to pay out of pocket for the supplies when I needed them for a
couple of years, till I filled out a grievance with my insurance carrier....
Good luck, as things may have changed a lot in the seven years or so since I
got my first pump.

-- Jenny Sutherland