[IP] Re: Question about kids with parents who are Type I

In a message dated 9/9/01 10:42:48 PM, email @ redacted writes:

>Type 1 (or Juvenile - however you want to call it) is NOT hereditary!
>Has anyone else been told this?

I think this may be incorrect. My 2 brothers and I are T1 as was my first
cousin. That is 4 out of 13 in a generation. While doing family research, I
came across a branch that has a woman (distant cousin) with 2 T1 children and
a T1 sister. There is definitely a genetic factor in our family.