[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #430

How funny that this just came up. I saw something about
animals with
diabetes at the ADA website earlier today!
As for your question, I wonder if animals without vertebrae
have no
pancreas? Maybe only mammals do?
Interesting. Now THIS would make a great report for school!
:)

Take care, Kerri

This is to the Kaddens,
It's funny you should ask that. When my son was at diabetes
camp, he
learned that any animal that has a spine, can have
diabetes.
Therefore,
things like snakes, jelly fish, spiders, etc. cannot get
diabetes.
What a
spine has to do with it, I don't know.
Dianne, Mom of Johnny 9