[IP] caregiver with pump

>. The school
called back two hours later, and said they were switching him to the new
teacher, who has diabetes and wears a pump! I could not believe it!! What

as i've mentioned previously on this site, we got a woman from a volunteer
program to be in our daughter's preschool. we almost had a similar story, but
it didnt work out as well -- the woman we got mentioned that her roomate, who
is also in the same program, is type 1 and on the pump! i mentioned that it
might make sense for her to be the one to deal with it, since she already
knows all the stuff. she said that this other pumper specifically didnt want
to do it (i guess she was asked) because 'she has enough' to deal with with
her own stuff.

i know i shouldnt judge, but i wish her answer would have been different. i am
the first one to admit that it isnt great to have to think about diabetes all
the time, but i would hope that when my daughter is older, her answer would be
different and she would be looking to help in the best way she possibly can.

we did however, luck out on another front - we just moved, and havent yet
found a babysitter. we called a friend to get some names, since we were only
going to be out for about an hour at a meetinbg a block away, we figured we'd
check her before, leave our cellphones on, and tell the sitter to call if she
woke up (it was late, she was already asleep)
when we mentioned that she has diabetes to the babysitter - she said "oh, me
she uses the same endo, and is not on the pump, though he has suggested it to