Re: [IP] old pumps never die

Subject: Re: [IP] old pumps never die

> HI Andrew,
> I live in Hamilton, Ontario and have the same problem that you do I have
> insurance to pay for the pump. I have written several letters to
> health programs to see if they may assist. If I get a positive result I
> post it here.    Try to contact your MP the Lions Club, or any sevice club
> that you have in your area sometimes they may help.    good luck mike

> > I have had type 1 diabetes for over 35 years.  I have used a Mni-Med
> > for the last 9 years.  Unfortunately my pump has died and I am not
> > by medical for pumps, supplies yes.  Any suggestions?  I live in
> > BC Canada.

> > your pump is probably covered by minimed's warranty and you should be
> > trade itin. call them

My MiniMed also died for the second time. No more warranty!!! They will not
give you an upgrade. My insurance is having a review to see if they will buy
me a new one. MiniMed let me trade my broken 507 in for a rebuilt 507 for
$495.00us, out of my pocket. Better than spending $5000.00 and better than
going back to needles.

norm, California -pumping for 7 years