RE: [IP] The teacher learns a lesson

In today's day and age, it is not unusual for you to see younger children
being diag. w/type II.

Mostly, because they are overweight, have a poor diet of fats and fast foods
and don't get enough exercise and sit in front of the tv or video games all

Both diab. magazines that I get say that it is only going to get worse.

Perhaps, since you are a diab. and are a teacher, you can do some reading up
on it and do something at an assembly about it to warn kids about their
eating and exercising habbits.

I shudder to think that so many young ones can prevent being diabetic but
don't even know...

I'm glad you let him go to the bathroom even though you were suspicious but
I totally agree w/you.

Just because he has type II and not type I, his parents should have notified
the school and you should have been notified as well.

When I was in school way back when, I had a note and had to show it to all
of my teachers beginning of school year and each had to sign that they had
read it and knew that I was diabetic and was on insulin and that I was
allowed to carry food w/me and go to the bathroom as needed.

Good luck and I hope you are enjoying your teaching!  Middle school hugh?
Brave person you are!  That is the worst age group to teach!!!

I know, have lots of middle school teacher/friends...me, I'd rather stay
w/the elementary kids!

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00