[IP] iddm in animals

anyone know of any animals besides pets developing diabetes? she has asked
about giraffes, hippos, elephants, etc. lots, especially when we go to the
zoo. we had a diabetes clinic event at the zoo here, but the only animals
had were mice for research.
Non pets with diabetes
...we also saw a walrus getting an injection at the aquarium once.  she
that the walrus has diabetes, even though the trainer told us it was ear
infection medicine.  now that she is on the pump, she has mentioned that
the walrus got a pump too! just a funny image i thought i'd share.

Cats develop IDDM quite easily. even cats that are not pets. many die without
proper vet attention. golden syrian hamsters almost all get the disease.