Re: [IP] need new pump!!

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] need new pump!!

> In a message dated 9/9/2001 11:34:53 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>
> > I talked to Animas Friday, and they said they cannot put in writing that
> they
> >  would update the R1000, when the new one comes out in about 6 months.
So
> now
> >  am looking at the D-TRON. Does any buddy know any reason why I should
not
> > get
> >  one.
>
> From the research we did, the D-tron's a good pump and definitely has more
> offer than a MM 508 -- and I'm sure others who have direct experience with
> the D-tron will chime in with their perspectives on it.  I'm curious as to
> why you eliminated the Animas just because they wouldn't guarantee you a
> future upgrade. In our opinion, the current Animas pump already offers all
> the features we liked in the D-tron, plus some features that the D-tron
> doesn't have . . . You just need to figure out which pump (in it's current
> configuration) will work best for you .  .  . Good Luck!
>
> Lyndy
> PumpMama to Katie (10) Happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since
> 6-1-01

I did not eliminate Aminas. Their new pump will have infrared commuictation
to upload and download. And I was hopeing there screen would come out a
little bigger, or the font a little larger, but it looks like a great pump.
I was hoping to get a free upgrade. I like to fill my cartridges once a week
and change my infusion set twice a week. So that is why the new MiniMed 511
won't work. I need to get an Aminas or D-TRON this week.

Norm