[IP] Re: leaving in old sites when changing sites

Leaving in the old site isn't something you *have* to do,
but many
people find it helpful. If you tend to run high after site
then you might want to give it a try (OR, you could try
using more
insulin to fill the cannula). Otherwise, it isn't
necessary. Not
everyone does it. My daughter has been pumping almost 2yrs
(Nov 30)
and we've never done this. Her bgs don't usually go high
after site
changes (in fact, she usually has a normal bg or is
sometimes on the
lower side.) The one time she was ever high after a site
change was
when we first began pumping and forgot to bolus to fill the
(however, this isn't necessarily the cause for everyone's
afterwards. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a reason.)

This is one of those things that falls under the category
of YMMV
(your mileage may vary).

Take care, Kerri