[IP] cancer risk not from lantus or Novolog

From: "James Handsfield" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Cancer Risk from Genetically Engineered Lantus and Novolog?

<email @ redacted> wrote:

> http://members.tripod.com/diabetics_world/lantusnovorapidcancer.htm
> Just passing this along as interesting info.  It came up on a search I did
> for some info.

Well, it really is neither interesting (IMHO), nor is it new.  It is pure
scare tactics from people who have some sort of ax to grind regarding beef
(and pork) insulin.  It's reminiscent of Betty Whatshername's disinformation
about aspartame.  There is *no*, repeat *NO* evidence in any clinical trials
of an increased risk of cancer due to using human insulin or insulin analogs.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted
 yes, stretch a point long enough and y'oull wind up with a line. Humulog
looks somewhat like insulin derived growth factor, so does Lantus ans Novolog.
this growth factor looks like the cytokine that makes tumor cells grow. I  put
it in all my flasks to make my little cells grow better and faster. As a joke
several months ago after being asked about this I added some humulog to a
culture and it killed all the cells. so there. just because it looks like a
duck, walks like aduck and quacks like a duck, it isn't necessarily a duck!
this is another baseless rumor. spot