[IP] Re:glucose during surgery question

email @ redacted writes:

> Everytime I've had surgery the iv always was regular w/o dextrose.  I think
> only once before I was pumping they had to put some dextrose in the iv
> because my b.g. was dropping.
> I've always been told to take one half of my dosage before surgery and then
> you can always catch up later.  They would rather you be a little high than
> low especially if you will be asleep.

I've had 2 surgeries since being on the pump, dropped my basals to 70% both
times and had wonderful blood sugars the whole time.
Only low once before the last one and I got a glucose iv push that took care
of it since I was NPO.   No glucose in the IV fluids.  I was told that
they've noticed that diabetics just have problems with glucose in the iv
fluid so they standardly don't give it to diabetics now at this hospital.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01