[IP] Here we go

Well gang, after 10 years of pills, adjustments, injections, adjustments, changes in insulins, adjustments, complications, and more adjustments, I start on the MiniMed 508 in the morning.

Working with the MiniMed Insurance people was a real hassel.  My insurance is great and even they were getting frustrated at MiniMed for the delays.  Finally, last Thursday my pump arrived.  My meetiing is at 8 AM tomorrow and I can't wait.
	I am a nurse in a busy ER so I was having many missed meals or late meals.  My BG readings have been all over the scale from highs in the 500's to lows of 70's.  I can't afford any more complications (ie. 2 diabetes related strokes).  Even though I fully recovered I faced an up- hill battle in returning to work.
	Have read everything I could get my hands on regarding the pump, counting carbs etc.  Can't wait to get started!
	Will keep everyone posted so others new and waiting can see/feel what it is like.

Gayle Armstron RN, CEN

Gayle Armstrong (Big V-Twin)
IL.  State Coordinator
 Suzuki Owners Club of America
2000 Suzuki 1500  LC Intruder (Green Machine)