[IP] george's hamster

>Any animal is probably capable of developing diabetes

I know this is a pretty trivial question, but since my 3 1/2 year old daughter
has been asking....

anyone know of any animals besides pets developing diabetes? she has asked
about giraffes, hippos, elephants, etc. lots, especially when we go to the
zoo. we had a diabetes clinic event at the zoo here, but the only animals they
had were mice for research.

we also saw a walrus getting an injection at the aquarium once.  she decided
that the walrus has diabetes, even though the trainer told us it was ear
infection medicine.  now that she is on the pump, she has mentioned that maybe
the walrus got a pump too! just a funny image i thought i'd share.