RE: [IP] Statistical significance of kids with diabetes

At 09:21 AM 9/7/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Gene Jorgenson [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:
> > small samples in statistics mean very llittle, especially when dealing
> > with large populations.  The larger the sample taken, the
> > more reliable
> > the information.  Variation within sample populations can be
> > very high,
> > yet not be enough to be called "significantly different".
>< Professional Mode = ON >
>I'm afraid it's quite a bit more complicated than that.

<snip - lots removed>

Thanks Jim, That's a great discussion. Anyone who starts with - what can
you afford, what does it cost and from that here are the options -
obviously knows how to deal with this stuff in the real world and how to
make meaningful real conclusions.