Re: [IP] Seeking Advice on Problem With Private School

I just switched my son from public to private school.  Personally, I would
not have done this when he was younger.  He's 15 now.  As far as I know,
private schools that don't take any federal or state dollars do not have to
take children with special needs.  It is entirely up to them.  This makes me
a tiny bit nervous, but my son is self-sufficient and the administrators know
what to do in case of an emergency.  No, they don't know how to give
glucagon, but neither did the public schools.  We had a horrible time in
public elementary school because they didn't want to be bothered with my
son's diabetes.  They hoped we would go away.  We went through all the legal
stuff, but still the principal was terrible.  She found ways to take her
anger out on my young child anyway.  It was the worst experience we've ever
gone through.  Middle school was great however and this new private school he
is in is good for him, even though he's the only diabetic.