Re: [IP] Seeking Advice on Problem With Private School

  I hate to say this but if this school is attached to or run by a church of
any kind then the matter is out of you hands.  Up here in Seattle, just last
week, a church run pre-school was responsible for the death of a little 2.5
yo girl under the care of one of their workers.  The teacher:child ratio was
at 1:26 this particular day and the teacher had left the little girl sleeping
in the van on a hot day.  By the time she realized what she had done the
little girl was dead.  Because it is a church run organization they are
exempt from the state coming in and closing them down.  Although they were
very sorry for the accident the churches response was that their facility is
very safe and a good environment for the children.

  With that said, if this pre-school does not want to cooperate with your
daughter's diabetes care and the pump then they have the right to refuse this
care.  A 504 program is for state funded programs so this would not apply.
Seeking legal advice against these people will only get your daughter
withdrawn from the school.  That is their right and prividelge.

Sorry I couldn't help more but this incident just occurred up here and I
thought I would pass this on as a precaution!

mom to Joshua who was dxd while attending Kindercare Pre-school and
Kindergarten and LOVED it!!!!!