From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 10:39 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: Glucose during surgery question

email @ redacted writes:

<<  how do they know how  much to give you and do they tell you how much is
in there?  Also, to carb  count it, would it be 4 grams of carb per .....
ummmm ????

   I am having knee surgery in two weeks and although my
 orthopaedic surgeon says they "always" use glucose (but couldn't give me a
 reason why) my endo (who is at Joslin btw) included in his letter that
 fluids NOT include glucose.

 Also, if anyone can answer the carb question that would be useful if I do
 need to adjust for this.