Re: [IP] George's hamster

On 7 Sep 2001, at 1:23, email @ redacted wrote:

> email @ redacted writes:
> > George, do you really have a diabetic hamster that you
> > administer shots to? Do I need to call PETA or NASA or
> It's very common to have a pet with diabetes, although I must admit
> when I heard of the hamster all I could do was smile :O)  I can
> appreciate it though.... I have a 14-yr-old diabetic kitty who gets
> two shots of 70/30 a day  :O)  We're buddies :O)

Any animal is probably capable of developing diabetes.  They have
a pancreas the same as we do, and it can malfunction the same
as ours.  All I know is that my 42 gram hamster requires a lot less
insulin than my 140 lb Great Dane did, and those needles do need
to be a lot shorter.    :>o

George  &  Spooky
Human  -  Dwarf Hamster
Dx 6/64 - Dx 10/2000