[IP] Homeschooling and the Pump

> All of you who have trouble with the preschools etc and the pump...Why
don't
> you home school your children.  That would be a great way to handle it.

I really don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but not everyone can
afford to homeschool their children.  I grew up in Hawaii, one of the most
expensive places in the country to live, and my parents simply didn't have
the financial flexibility to have one of them quit his/her job and
homeschool my me and my brother.  I was diagnosed with diabetes at five,
when my brother was an infant. Though my parents had to spend some time
working around my school's medical procedure policies and educating
baby-sitters, my A1C's ran at about 6 all the way through my childhood--even
in the days of regular-and-NPH injections.
I think it's absolutely wonderful to be able to homeschool your children,
but a lot of parents of children in preschool simply don't have that choice.
Respectfully,
Erin, age 20
diagnosed 5/87, pumping 8/01