[IP] Re: mom's anguish

Aloha, I almost cried when I read your message.  I was dx'd at 7.  My mother
was over protective in the first place but this gave her a reason.  This was
very hard on my family.  I never appreciated it when my mom would ask, "did
you drink your milk?' or " Have you eaten your snack?' or the worst, "is
THAT in your diet?"  This was before the pump.  I basiclly revolted against
my mother all through high school and then when we moved to Florida.  I used
to cheat, skip shots, eat whatever/ whenever I wanted.  She always knew, but
she always was there when I rnded up in the hospital or in bed sick the next
day.  Long story shoryt, (too late)  I moved to Hawaii about 4 years ago.
Learned that there was noone to sit in the hosp room anymore.  My mom would
not be there when I wake up.  This reality check is working wonders...I
worte my mom a card last year on My birthday thanking her for givinf birth
to me.  I expressed my gratitude and thanked her for EVERYTHING.  My eyes
are open very wide now.  My mom and I talk weekly and I thank her for all
the S**t she put up with  Every time, sahe laughs and tells me "it was her
job"  I haven't comvinced her that I failed my job in being a responsible
Diabetic.  We just laugh about it now.  She more than I.  But she is very
excited about the pump.  She is coming in Jan to check on me and to see what
this is all about!  One day he'll come around and realize all that you do
for him.  Wait for it and embrace him, and his new knowledge!  My best
wishes to you and your son!  Aloha a hui hou---...Jen & Tonic