[IP] Re: a1c hgb - gold standard

Sorry Spot, I was just using the same terminology that our
endo has
used on many occasions when discussing this issue. Perhaps
he was
just oversimplifying (he does that sometimes.)
I know what I meant to say but obviously didn't convey it
well, so
I'll just keep my mouth shut. ;)

Spot said:
No, glycosylation is not the same as A1c which is the
hemoglobin which has incorporated glucose molecules into
during formation. glycosylation is a relatively loose
attachment of
glucose to a protein. it is not something to measure
because it
doesn't change the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood
like a1c
does. that is why a lot of problems actually happen. the
tensions are lower in the capillary beds resulting in
angiogenesis.( sprouting of new blood vessels).