Re: [IP] 2 Questions?? Need advice!

You know I really am a little angry that not only are
we diabetics and go through what we do 365 days a year
but to be diabetic and than to get depressed, sleep
for hours at a drop of a hat have no energy half of
the time, want to pull our hair out because we are
trying to "feel good" about ourselves or hey how about
just plan "feel good".  Then you get some doctor who
has no clue what you are feeling, tell you to take
another pill that will make you happy.  Why do they
think the answer is always a pill.  I have been in
that black hole off and on for about 2 years.  Some
good days and some bad days.  And 2 years ago the
doctors wanted me to go on a pill for depression.  I
took one and one was enough.  It was awful.  He wanted
me to try something else.  I have the bottle at home
but have never taken it.  Exercise and being able to
email other diabetics like me and who are in my shoes
,listen and give me feed back has helped me so much
it's amazing. I have found out that in 23 years of
being a diabetic I know more then some of the doctors
I have had.  The only doctor I really trust is my
kidney doctor and the reason I trust every word that
comes out of his mouth is because he is a diabetic.
I'm sure some of you have had some wonderful doctors.
It's just I think they really need to listen to what
we are saying about how we feel and what we go
through.  If I say I have no energy, I'm really down,
I sleep for hours, don't ask me what are my BS doing
gee we know what they are doing, ask me about what is
going on in my life, how am I doing as a person NOT AS
A DIABETIC, and don't be quick to shove another pill
down my throat.  Ok I had my vent time.  It's Friday,
let's all be happy the weekend is here and tomorrow I
am going to the first home game at FSU (Tallahassee,
FL) and I am going to have a blast.  Look for me on
the T.V.  I will be the one with the 508 pump on my

--- "Cherry M. Dumas" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Hi Heather,
>     Just wanted to let you know that you are not the
> only one that is tired
> like this. I usually sleep from 10 till 9 and take
> anywhere from a 3 to 5
> hour nap and I do not work or go to school or
> anything. I just have the
> usual house work to do daily. My doctor informed me
> that it is the
> depression and all of the medications that I am on.
> I can not take any
> vitamins for fear of interaction with my meds. Hang
> in there. You are not
> alone.
> Cherry

Do You Yahoo!?