[IP] Seeking Advice on Problem With Private School

My 4 year old daughter is enrolled in a private Christian preschool
in the San Diego area. She recently started pump therapy in August.
The school is completely terrified of the pump.  They contacted their
insurance carrier (Guide One) and of course the carrier said do not
give insulin via the pump under any circumstances.  After talking to
the insurance company, it appears this decision was made without
seeking expert advice and complete lack of appropriate information.
The preschool is part of a small grade school (K-8) and no onsite
nurse is available.  Our only current option is for my wife to stay
in the area of the school all morning so that she may be present to
give the insulin bolus for snacks and lunch. This is obviously not a
long-term solution.

I have received conflicting information regarding federal law (504,
etc.) as it applies to private, religious schools.  They receive no
federal funding. From what I have read, it appears that we have no
legal leverage. However, a local attorney and one from Minimed said
that the courts do not see a difference between public and private
schools and that this is a violation of our rights.

Any advice from parents, attorneys or others out there?  This appears
to largely be a fear and ignorance issue which we are working on. We
have met with the school board and the door is not completely shut
but appears to be closing.