Re: [IP] Disetronic Infusion Sets

Sam wrote:

>I tried to order some more Tender 2 infusion sets and was told that the
>Tender 2 had been discontinued and was replaced by the Ultraflex Soft
>1.  Has anyone had any experience with this set?  Does it come with 2
>needles for each set of tubing like the Tender 2?  I understand that
>they still have the Tender 1.  Can anyone shed some light on this for

As far as I know, the Tender 2's are still being sold by Disetronic.  The
new product list I just received with my last order of UltraFlex shows the
Tender 2's still available.  I can check with my rep to verify
this.  Currently the UltraFlex comes with one set and tubing combined, in
boxes of 10.  I have talked with Disetronic personnel about whether they
will consider changing this setup since I'm now using the UltraFlex and my
insurance has weird limits on infusion sets, 10 boxes per year.  At that
rate, if I change out every 3 days, I end up short by 65 days each
year.  Rem Laan at Disetronic said that they would contact my insurance to
see if their limit amount can be adjusted to allow for the UltraFlex box
setup.  I was also told by him, that, while they were considering going to
a similar setup as the Tenders 2, that has not been decided yet.  I was
originally told that the Tender 2 setup was designed for new pumpers who
might have difficulties inserting the Tenders and wasn't intended to be
used by all pumpers.