RE: [IP] Glucose During Surgery Question

Everytime I've had surgery the iv always was regular w/o dextrose.  I think
only once before I was pumping they had to put some dextrose in the iv
because my b.g. was dropping.

I've always been told to take one half of my dosage before surgery and then
you can always catch up later.  They would rather you be a little high than
low especially if you will be asleep.

Last surg I had while on pump, just let basals do their work...

Hope this helps :)
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00