[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #415

email @ redacted writes:

> A friend once suggested keeping some sugar packets handy.  If a person
> passes out from a hypo, put a few of these packets in their cheeks.

My daughter always carries a tube of cake frosting with her and whoever she
is "buddied up" with knows to squeeze the frosting into her mouth (cheek
area).  Then it gets absorbed into the tissue just like the sugar would.  I
would imagine it would take a while for the paper of the sugar pack to
dissolve.  Thank God, she never had to resort to that!!

Sylvelin, mom of Nadine, 10