[IP] Carafate

Hi Everyone!
    I need some advice here.
    My doctor just started me on Carafate.  was wondering if anyone
could give me some advice about it.
    My doctor wants me to dissolve it and drink it 4 times a day.
    I am having the world's hardest time getting it to dissolve.
    I have tried it in water and cran-raspberry juice. I have tried to
it whole and in sections. Am I just not having enough patients here
or is there any other way to get it to dissolve.
Also immediately after I take it, I have terrible heartburn. Is this normal?
Or has my body just not adjusted to it yet?
Thanks for the support!