[IP] what do you take for a cold?

When you get a cold (cough, runny nose, headache, congestion, stuffy nose,
aches, yucky stuff in your throat, etc.) what cold medecines do you take for
daytime/nightime?  Is the sugar in most otc ones really that significant
that I should look into a sugar free one?  I am almost always higher when I
have a cold (like right now- ugh).  Also, what about vitamins, minerals, or
herbal supplements?  I normally take a multivitamin with minerals, calcium,
and I rotate a b complex with vitamin e.  Are there any you take especially
when you are sick or feel a cold coming on that you don't normally take?