Re: [IP] paramedics and lows

Or what the EMT told me the last time I woke up with my right arm
turning cold and 3 strange men standing around the bed.

"Back when I worked in North Dakota as a first responder, none of us
were paramedics, and so we couldn't give IVs.  That's why we always
carried candy canes on the rig.  We'd administer them to diabetics
rectally.  They always came around fast that way -- sometimes even
faster that on the dextrose."

That was the last time they ever got called on me.

That was pre-pump, and many years ago.  Fortunately, I haven't needed
them since.