Re: [IP] sweeteners

On 4 Sep 2001, at 19:21, Ashley wrote:

> I know this is a highly debateable topic, but I am not looking for
> debate. I just want to hear people's knowledge and experiences
> regarding sweeteners. I stopped using sweet n low and equal a long
> time ago because 1.  I heard it was bad for diabetic nerve damage 2.
> It was too sweet and too bitter of an aftertaste 3.  I heard it caused
> cancer and many other health problems.  I started to use Splenda,
> which I like very much and doesn;t adversely effect my blood sugars.
> Has anyone heard of negatives or positives of Splenda?  Have you had
> the experience that sweet n low or equal hurt neuropathy?  I am not a
> water drinker.....it makes me almost gag, but I do drink it, but I
> love crystal light, which is nutra sweet. O would love to hear some
> good solid facts and not the BS from all the naturopaths that I am
> going to die or whatever they claim. Thanks ;) Ashley

Sure, I've heard lots of bad stuff about Splenda!  And it is true, you
will die, but then won't we all?   ;>)       I also heard lots of bad stuff
about cyclamates    :>(      (which are banned in the US, but still
used in Canada)   and I heard lots of bad stuff about saccharin   :>\
(which is banned in Canada, but has a moratorium on it's ban in
the US).   The best I can determine is that were all going to die.  In
the meantime, I want to enjoy the best I can of life.  So I'll just take
a bigger bolus and go for the real stuff.  Yea, Sugar!    :>)

George    :>)
(but Splenda is great as a second choice)