RE: [IP] baby question

Hi Julie:
Congrats on your birth of your child!

Don't listen to the dr.s tell you because of diab...
My son was born 3 1/2 weeks early and was in icu for 3 days because of the
insulin passing through the blood but he had no problem whatsoever drinking
all of his formula...

My daughter on the other hand was taken by c section 1 month early and she
had some water on her lungs...she was in icu hooked up to everything for one
week and they wouldn't let me nurse her...said they had to keep everything
pure and feed her through a tube...so I pumped...but when they brought her
to regular nursery, she didn't know how to suckle and when they brought her
to me, she would hardly drink anything and then scream her head off in the
nursery.  The nurses used to come and get me and tell me to go to the
nursery and feed her to shut her up....but she learned real fast how to

It is because they are in icu and being fed through a tube and it takes a
little while for them to learn but with some coaxing, they do learn and do

Congrats and take it easy and good luck with the baby!
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00